RIGHT TO ACCESS
You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information, also the right to ask me to amend or change any incorrect information about you.
RIGHT TO ERASURE
You have the right to ask me to erase any information that I hold about you. This includes your personal information that is no longer relevant to original purposes, or if you wish to withdraw consent. In all cases and when considering such requests, these rights are obligatory unless it is information that I have a legal obligation to retain.
As the client, you have the right to receive your personal information which you previously provided, and also have the right to transfer that information to another party. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) May 2018, the data “controller” is Sharon Roe – Chesterfield Counselling.
INFORMED CONSENT AND AGREEMENT
I will ask you to sign this statement during our initial session to confirm you are happy with the way your personal information is being collected, stored and used.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is concerned with the personal information about you that I collect, store, and share. This page details my GDPR policy.
Personal Information I will collect.
· Gender (or preferred identity).
· Date of Birth.
· Relationships & Progeny.
· Telephone/SMS number (plus permission to send SMS & leave voice message).
· Email address.
· Counselling History.
· Medical conditions relevant to counselling.
· Prescribed medication.
· Session summary.
How I will store your Personal Information.
- Paper: written notes (described below).
- Smartphone: I will store your contact information in an encrypted note app that backs up to my private Apple icloud drive. This allows me to contact you in case of emergencies, but keeps from revealing this information to other applications (i.e. not using a Contacts app).
- Email/SMS/WhatsApp: your email address and correspondence will be stored in my email account (currently Hotmail) by nature of you contacting me. Your telephone number may be stored in my SMS or WhatsApp app should we exchange messages this way. Electronic correspondence will also be held by the corresponding app (Hotmail, Phone's SMS, WhatsApp).
Website: none of your personal information enumerated above is stored on my website, other than when explicit contact is made to me via the Contact page or Appointments system for the purpose of counselling initiation through to completion and the fulfillment of other types of enquiry. Once the purpose of supplying the data is exercised the data is securely erased.Information relating to your device and website activity when you access and use my website is collected and stored. This includes your device type, operating system, web browser name and version, duration of stay and referring website. A cookie file is stored within your website browser to ensure the above information can be collected and to also ensure that you can properly use and authenticate yourself into the Appointments system. If you do not consent to the storage of this cookie file you can consult your web browser's help menu to learn how to disable cookie storage for this website.Both explicit and implicit data is stored in a secure and encrypted enviroment.
· Contact Sheet
· Assessment Record
· Brief Session Notes
· GDPR Agreement
· Client Code (linking documents)
· Contact name & telephone
How I may Process/Share your Personal Information
I seek a monthly consultation with another therapist qualified in this process. The consultation process is for my practice (rather than seeking instruction on working with you). In order to protect your privacy, my consultant will not know you personally nor professionally. I will refer to you by your first name, and I may refer to you information verbally when it's helpful to my professional processes.
Your name and contact details will be shared with my Therapeutic Executor. This is so that you will be contacted on the event of my death, should you still be in therapy with me.
If your health is in jeopardy (provided I have your consent) I may share your contact information with an emergency healthcare service (e.g. Mental Health Crisis Team). If I have become aware of your intent to cause harm to another person/organisation (e.g. terrorism), the law may require that I inform an authority without seeking your permission. In such a situation, the law may require that I share your personal information without your knowledge (known as: whistle-blowing).
Erasing your Information.
When we have finished working together, I will erase electronic copies of your information & correspondence within one month. I will hold onto your written information for up to seven years past the end of our working together. This is so that I have a reference of our work in situations such as you returning to counselling in the future. After this time has passed, I will shred the written information.
You have the following rights...
· To be informed what information I hold (i.e. this document).
· To see the information I hold about you (free of charge for the initial request).
· To rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
· To withdraw consent to me using your personal information.
· To request your personal information be erased (though I can decline whilst the information is needed for me to practice lawfully & competently).
NB: A printed copy of this statement will be given to you when we first meet for counselling. If we agree to continue working together, we will both sign the printed copy of this statement to indicate our agreement.